What is In-Board Training?
An ideal course for pet owners who would like their dog to be our guest while they are being trained.
We board and train all breeds and sizes of dogs.
All of our In-Board training is customized to meet the needs of your dog and family.
Our certified dog trainers have over 40 years of experience and use positive reinforcement along with proven methods including: operant conditioning, desensitization, and generalization (dog is worked in different locations, both in the family home and in various outdoor environments).
Using open communication, we set realistic goals in order to address unwanted behaviors, establish and improve good conduct, and establish a training routine.
- 24 Hour supervision
- Discount on boarding fee
- A home atmosphere
- Air conditioning and water misters in the summer
- Heaters and blankets in cold weather
- Supervised play time, socialization, and exercise in huge yards
Basic obedience is taught using positive reinforcement along with verbal cues and hand signals.
- Come when called
- Walking on loose leash
- Wait at doorways
- Go to bed when told
- 30 minute down stay, with distractions
We will address any behavioral issues or concerns you may be having.
- Jumping up on people
- Play biting
- Destructive chewing
- Nuisance barking
- Bolting out the door/running away
- Aggression towards people or other dogs
- Annoying guests
- Fearful behavior
An evaluation is required before enrolling for In-Board Training so that we can design a training program specifically for you.
- Evaluation Fee: $120
- Fee is applied towards the cost of In-Board Training.
In-Board Training Fee & Duration:
- Cost and duration varies according to you and your dog’s needs.
- We will work with you during the evaluation to choose an appropriate training program and pricing that will fit your budget.
Once your dog has completed the training course, you will join one of our trainers to learn how to handle your newly trained dog.
- Detailed instructions on how to properly setup your home environment to discourage the dog from returning to any of his old habits.
- Explain how to establish a proper relationship with your dog based on mutual trust and respect.
- Guidance on setting up a daily schedule and routine so your dog has a sense of structure, in order to feel secure and relaxed.
After Training Benefits
- Training booklet
- Free access to our next group class
- Free access to our next Behavior Seminar
- Follow-up private review sessions at our facility
- Refresher training while boarding (boarding fees apply)
Our training facility is purposely set up as a typical family home with familiar indoor and outdoor environments. All the dogs are worked around everyday distractions, and these are set up according to where each dog is in their training – how much they can handle without going over threshold.
Our facility sits on 5 beautiful acres, giving all the dogs plenty of room for exercise and proper supervised socialization.
We provide air conditioning and water misters in the hot summer months, and heaters and blankets in colder weather.
Our managers live on site, so the dogs have 24 hour supervision.