Manners Training & Behavioral Management
Today’s training classes are geared more towards useful social skills and basic manners, both in the home and in public. While your dog will learn simple obedience exercises – heeling on loose leash, sit, sit stay, down, down stay, recall – he will also acquire new skills, using the obedience exercises he will learn to help him to behave appropriately.
You will also learn how to work with your dog around staged various distractions.
- Saturday’s from 9:00 am – 10:00 am.
- 6 learning modules over 6 consecutive weeks.
- Open to all breeds of dogs 10 weeks old or older with no aggression issues towards other people or dogs.
- Proof of current vaccinations/shots.
- Please bring a lawn chair and a dog mat.
Basic obedience is taught using positive reinforcement along with verbal cues and hand signals.
- Loose leash walking
- Wait at door
- Polite greetings
- 30 min. down stay
- Come when called
- Go to bed
- Sit & Stay
- Leave it
We will address any behavioral issues or concerns you may be having.
- Jumping up on people
- Play biting
- Destructive chewing
- Nuisance barking
- Bolting out the door/running away
- Aggression towards people or other dogs
- Annoying guests
- Fearful behavior
This course duration is 6 consecutive weeks and the cost is $170.
All classes are mandatory and there are no make-up days. If you are unable to attend a class, you may have a friend or family member stand in for you. Homework lessons will be handed out each class session so that owners may practice with their pet until the next class meeting.