Manners Training & Behavioral Management
Today’s training classes are geared more towards useful social skills and basic manners, both in the home and in public. While your dog will learn simple obedience exercises – heeling on loose leash, sit, sit stay, down, down stay, recall- he will also acquire new skills, using the obedience exercises he will learn to help him to behave appropriately.
These skills will include: ‘wait’ (at doorways, curbs, when he gets ahead of you), ‘go to place’ (he can be taught to go to his bed when told), ‘leave it’, and ‘be nice’. You will also learn how to work with your dog around staged various distractions.
- Every Saturday 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Enroll anytime and start immediately
- 6 learning modules over 6 consecutive weeks
- Open to all breeds of dogs 12 weeks old and up
- Proof of current vaccinations/shots
- Please bring a lawn chair and a dog mat
Basic obedience is taught using positive reinforcement along with verbal cues and hand signals.
- Come when called
- Walking on loose leash
- Wait at doorways
- Go to bed when told
- 30 minute down stay, with distractions
We will address any behavioral issues or concerns you may be having.
- Jumping up on people
- Play biting
- Destructive chewing
- Nuisance barking
- Bolting out the door/running away
- Aggression towards people or other dogs
- Annoying guests
- Fearful behavior
This class is run on open enrollment giving you the benefit of joining at any time. Course duration is 6 consecutive weeks and the cost is $170. Each class begins with a short review of the previous week and new exercises are added as needed.
This class also includes help with behavioral issues. The question and answer seminar is held after the group class session in Module 3 of each course.