Fun With Nose Work & Agility
Fun With Nose Work and Agility Training is a combination class for all breeds of dogs that are 6 months or older and have had basic obedience training.
All dogs need a job to do and they love to work! Strengthen the bond with your dog by working together to learn new skills and useful tasks.
Stimulating your dog’s brain will help satisfy his instinct to hunt and explore, exerting pent up physical and mental energy; ultimately averting unwanted behavior by steering him towards more appropriate and useful tasks. How fun!
- Open to all breeds of dogs 6 months and older
- Proof of current vaccinations/shots
- Must be in good physical health
- Strong willingness to learn and “treat” motivated
- Must have strong basic obedience skills
- Please bring a lawn chair and dog mat
Fun With Nose Work
Did you know that a dog’s sense of smell is 1000 times more sensitive than that of a human?
In the Fun With Nose Work classes, we will help develop your dog’s natural scenting abilities by using their love of toys, food, and exercise.
- Can’t find your cell phone and the battery is dead?
- Need help finding the TV remote or the car keys?
- Want some help cleaning up a room?
- Would you like a helper to grab a beer or soda from the fridge?
Why not teach your dog to complete these tasks for you?
Together, you will enter the fascinating world of “targeting;” the easiest and most effective way to positively motivate your dog to do just about anything!
These classes will also allow your dog to participate in new challenging activities while getting that much needed exercise. Going through and over obstacles such as the hidden tunnel, teeter totter, barrels, and jumps will help to increase their confidence and teach him patience and control, all while having a great time!
They will also enjoy our doggy agility course, which will help to build their confidence by familiarizing them to odd objects, different surfaces, and heights. This will help them to feel comfortable in the real world when they may have to deal with crowds, tight spaces, uneven or strange surfaces, balance and stability, and overall unexpected surprises.